May 31, 2020 / News
After 70 days of being closed for on-premises wine drinking, we are pleased—really pleased—to announce that we will re-open on Friday June 5. We hope that all of you have stayed well over the past weeks, and that we will have the further pleasure of seeing you here again sometime soon!
From now through Labor Day, we will be open Fridays 2-7 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 11 am – 6 pm. After Labor Day we will revert to our older Saturday and Sunday schedule—see the “Visit” tab on our website for full details. Weather permitting, we will offer both wine tastings and wine by the glass or bottle.
Upon reopening, we will follow Governor Hogan’s Executive Order of May 27. For the time being, complying with this order will place some limitations on what we can do. Here is the gist:
1. Wine may only be consumed in outdoor seating areas. For us, these include the patio area outside the tasting room, which we have expanded, and certain areas along the riverbank.
2. Customers may enter the tasting room to purchase wine or to use the restrooms, provided that social distancing conventions are followed. By the governor’s order, customers must wear face coverings when in the tasting room. Face coverings are not required when sitting at your outdoor table.
3. Staff (that’s us) must wear face coverings at all times, must wear gloves when serving and change these for each new group of customers, and must disinfect tables with each change of customers.
4. No more than 6 persons may be seated together unless they are members of the same household.
5. No more than 10 persons may be seated together even if all are members of the same household.
Though closed for the last 70 days, we have been busy. At the beginning of May, we bottled our 2019 whites and 2017 reds. We have some great new wines for you to try, and will be releasing these as soon as we can. Shortly after bottling, we (and Benchmark Custom Vineyard Planters from upstate New York) planted 7200 vines at our new Chestnut Hill property. These are growing nicely and hopefully will be producing new wines for us in about three years. Finally, throughout March, April and May Will Young & Associates have been working on an extension of our patio area, together with new landscaping, and that will be ready to use by June 5. So we’ll have lots to tell you about when you next visit us!
Joan & Bob
Leave a Reply
June 5-6–Brent Heath of Brent & Becky’s Bulbs, Gloucester, VA, will be here to talk about “Bulbs as Companion Plants.” More …
May 29-June 6—Roger Crist will be exhibiting new furniture crafted from old wine barrel components and other interesting materials. More…
May 15, 1-3 pm–the Double Dog Dare Rescue will be here at Links Bridge with a selection of dogs in need of good homes. More…
We hope you’ll sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter. We won’t bombard you with emails, but will occasionally let you know what’s going on here.