November 2, 2022 / News
Links Bridge Wine Club November 2022 Selection
We have just announced the November 2022 Links Bridge Wine Club selection to club members (more details below), and we’re sending this message to our general mailing list just in case some of you might want to join the club.
If you’re already a club member, or if you’re familiar with the club but have no interest in joining, stop here! Otherwise, read on…
This post includes (1) a summary of how the club works, (2) a description of the November selection, and (3) instructions on how to join the club.
We hope to see you soon at Links Bridge Vineyards!
Best autumn wishes,
Bob & Joan
1. Here’s how the club generally works:
- If you join the Links Bridge Wine Club, we will provide you with four selected bottles of wine three times each year. These selections may include current wines that we think are especially good, wines reserved for club members, and/or new wines that have not yet been released.
- Two to three weeks in advance of the pickup period for a given selection, we will send you an email that describes the selection, the pickup date or period, and a deadline date for making adjustments to the selection.
- The price of each selection will be our normal retail price for the wine less a 15% wine club discount, plus Maryland alcohol tax. For club members we will extend this discount to any additional wines you order along with the announced selection (and to wines you purchase at other times of the year).
- If you wish to substitute a different wine for one or more of the selected wines, you can let us know by the deadline date. We will make those adjustments, and then on the day after the deadline date we will charge your credit or debit card for the adjusted amount due.
- If you wish to opt out of a selection entirely, no problem—just let us know by the deadline date and we will not charge you for that selection.
- If you have not requested substitutions and have not indicated that you wish to opt out, we will charge your credit or debit card for the current selection on the day after the deadline date.
- We hope you will come by Links Bridge during the pickup period for each selection, as we enjoy your company and will often have members-only events on these dates that feature the selected wines, wines still to come, or both, and keep you informed about what’s going on at Links Bridge Vineyards.
- If you’re unable to be here during the pickup period, we’ll hold the wine for you until you can come by. Or, should you instruct us to do so, we will ship the selection to you at your expense.
2. The November 2022 Selection
We hope you’ll be pleased with the November club selection, which includes four wines from our 2020 and 2021 harvests. We chose these particular wines because all did well at the recent 2022 Maryland Governor’s Cup competition. They earned one double gold, one gold, and two silver medals, plus two Best in Class designations—one for red wines and one for off-dry wines. Needless to say (but we’ll say it anyway), we were delighted with these results!
November 2022 Club Selection Details
The pickup weekend for this selection is:
- Friday November 18 (2-7pm)
- Saturday-Sunday November 19-20 (11am-6pm)
We’ve added Friday afternoon to the pickup weekend because things got a bit crowded last time around. (The weather may be cold by then, so if you’d like to be sure of indoor seating, it would be a good idea to make a reservation! And if you are unable to come during the pickup weekend, we will of course hold your wine selection until you are able to be here.)
The deadline date for requesting substitutions, etc. is Friday, November 11.
The selection includes:
2020 Vidal Blanc Reserve. This dry white was made at Links Bridge from grapes grown at Golden Run Vineyard in eastern Maryland. Harvested September 2020. Fermented and aged in stainless steel for 6 months, then in French oak for an additional year. Bottled March 2022. ABV 13.3%. Silver medal, 2022 Maryland Governor’s Cup competition.
2021 Vichard. This off-dry white wine is a blend of 50% Vidal Blanc grown at Golden Run Vineyard and 50% Chardonnay grown at Links Bridge Vineyards. Bottled March 2022. ABV 13.4%. Gold medal and Best in Class: Off-Dry Wines, 2022 Maryland Governor’s Cup competition.
2020 Cabernet Franc. Dry red made from grapes grown in the original block of cabernet franc vines that started our Riverside vineyard, 12 years old at the time of the 2020 harvest. Aged for 18 months in new French oak. Bottled March 2022. ABV 13.5%. Double Gold and Best in Class: Red Wines, 2022 Maryland Governor’s Cup competition.
2020 Pileated. A hearty blend of our best red wines, named for the woodpecker who hangs out in our forest and occasionally graces our bird feeder, looking for all the world like something out of Walter Lantz. 32% Petit Verdot, 32% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Syrah, 7% Cabernet Franc, and 6% Barbera. Bottled March 2022. ABV 12.5%. Silver Medal, 2022 Maryland Governor’s Cup competition.
After the Links Bridge Wine Club 15% discount and Maryland’s 9% alcohol tax, the price of this selection for club members is $104.69.
3. How to Join the Links Bridge Wine Club
We invite you to join the wine club simply by purchasing our November selection.
To get this started, send us an email before the deadline date (Friday, November 11) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use WINE CLUB as the subject line. Please include in your email:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Whether you would like to make any substitutions or additions. (For information about our other wines, look at the “Our Wines” page in our website—just click here.)
On the day following the deadline date, we will send an invoice to your email address that bills you for the August selection, adjusted for any substitutions you requested. This invoice will come to you from Square, the same well-known point-of-sale system that we use for transactions at our tasting room. You will be invited to pay this invoice online with a credit or debit card.
At the same time, Square will also present you with the option to save your card details in order to facilitate subsequent wine club transactions. We will need you to do this in order to make our wine club system work. Please note, however, that your card information will be housed securely with Square rather than at Links Bridge Vineyards.
Once you’ve purchased the August selection and placed your card information on file with Square, you are officially a Links Bridge Wine Club member. (And our communications about subsequent wine club selections will be a lot shorter!)
Bob & Joan
Leave a Reply
Feb 3: We’re open again!
Feb 24-March 10: “Town and Country, Maryland,” plein air paintings by Ann Schaefer
(Look here for our complete upcoming schedule of artists’ exhibits for the year!)
We hope you’ll sign up below to subscribe to our newsletter. We won’t bombard you with emails, but will occasionally let you know what’s going on here.