October 31, 2021 / News
Mixed-Media Pictures by Karen Peacock
Links Bridge Vineyards is pleased to announce an exhibit of pictures by Karen Peacock. Karen is an artist, writer, and magazine designer who lives and works in Frederick, Maryland. She is a full member of TAG/The Artist’s Gallery in Frederick.
Frederick is in part the inspiration for her invented history Monarchs of Mariland.” Some of these “Monarchs” (stunning life size mixed-media portraits) will be on display at our tasting starting Saturday, November 6. Karen will also be displaying pieces from her “National Treasures” series. These colorful, multi-layered, embellished photos depict an eclectic selection of noteworthy Americans, including at least one well known Marylander.
Karen’s pictures can be viewed at the Links Bridge tasting room from 11 am – 6 pm on the weekends of November 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, and by appointment.
On Sunday November 14 Karen will be here at the tasting room from 1-3 pm to talk about her work. She is a truly unique and imaginative creator. We will put a glass of wine in her hand and see what transpires when she talks. It is sure to be fun!
September 22, 2021 / News
Last Chance this season for Goat Yoga at Links Bridge!
The last episode of the Links Bridge Vineyards 2021 Goat Yoga season will take place this Saturday morning, September 25th, from 10am-Noon. If you’ve been thinking of trying goat yoga, don’t miss this opportunity!
Before your one-hour class, savor a glass of sangria. After class, enjoy a glass of wine on our new tasting room terrace. Take a stroll along the river. Bring a picnic or try one of our charcuterie platters. Buy a bottle of wine and enjoy the rest of your afternoon up on the terrace or down by the river.
Exercise, relax, and enjoy!
Register for the class here on the Goat for the Soul website. Sangria, the goat yoga class, and the after-class glass of wine are all included in the $40 ticket price. Children are welcome!
September 5, 2021 / News
Paintings by Robin Seidel
Saturdays and Sundays September 11-26, 11am-6pm
at Links Bridge Vineyards
“Catching the Gaze of a Horse” oil on canvas, 2012
Links Bridge Vineyards is delighted to display paintings by Robin Seidel at our tasting room starting Saturday September 11 and continuing through Sunday September 26.
Robin has studied under Mary Pfister, a Frederick artist of national renown. She has participated in public art exhibits at Crestwood Women’s Center, at Pfister’s art studio in downtown Frederick, and at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Frederick.
In addition to her painting activities, Robin has been a registered nurse for 43 years. She and her husband, Geoff Seidel, are active in organizing and facilitating volunteer events that offer medical services such as the Frederick Community Health Fair, the Frederick County Convoy of Hope/Planting Hope, and a two-week Amazon Medical Mission in July and August 2012 in Iquitos, Peru.
There will be a reception for Robin at our tasting room on Sunday September 12, 1-3pm. During the reception she will be available to talk with guests about her work, what inspires her, and how sustaining art has been to her during the COVID crisis.
Everyone is invited–we hope to see you there!
Joan and Bob
August 2, 2021 / News
Links Bridge Wine Club August 2021 Selection
We have just announced the August 2021 Links Bridge Wine Club selection to club members (more details below), and we’re sending this message to our general mailing list just in case some of you might want to join the club.
If you’re already a club member, or if you’re familiar with the club but have no interest in joining, stop here! Otherwise, read on…
This post includes (1) a summary of how the club works, (2) a description of the August selection, and (3) instructions on how to join the club.
We hope to see you soon at Links Bridge Vineyards!
Best summer wishes,
Bob & Joan
1. Here’s how the club generally works:
- If you join the Links Bridge Wine Club, we will provide you with four selected bottles of wine three times each year. These selections may include current wines that we think are especially good, wines reserved for club members, and/or new wines that have not yet been released.
- About a month in advance of the pickup period for a given selection, we will send you an email that describes the selection, the pickup date or period, and a deadline date for making adjustments to the selection.
- The price of each selection will be our normal retail price for the wine less a 15% discount, plus Maryland alcohol tax. For club members we will extend this discount to any additional wines you order along with the announced selection (and to wines you purchase at other times of the year).
- If you wish to substitute a different wine for one or more of the selected wines, you can let us know by the deadline date. We will make those adjustments, and then on the day after the deadline date we will charge your credit or debit card for the adjusted amount due.
- If you wish to opt out of a selection entirely, no problem—just let us know by the deadline date and we will not charge you for that selection.
- If you have not requested substitutions and have not indicated that you wish to opt out, we will charge your credit or debit card for the current selection on the day after the deadline date.
- We hope you will come by Links Bridge during the pickup period for each selection, as we enjoy your company and will often have members-only events on these dates that feature the selected wines, wines still to come, or both, and keep you informed about what’s going on at Links Bridge Vineyards.
- If you’re unable to be here during the pickup period, we’ll hold the wine for you until you can come by. Or, should you instruct us to do so, we will ship the selection to you at your expense.
- Finally, with each selection, we will also include certificates for two of our normal sit-down wine tastings that you can use yourself or transfer to a friend.
2. The August 2021 Selection
Our August selection will include one bottle each of: 2019 Norton, 2020 Rosé of Syrah, 2020 Vidal Blanc, and 2020 Muscat Blanc (Dry).
The pickup weekend for this selection is: Saturday-Sunday August 21-22 (11am-6pm). Come on by anytime during that weekend to enjoy a complimentary tasting of the four wines, plus a barrel tasting of our upcoming 2020 Syrah, about which we are pretty excited. (Of course, if you are unable to come during the pickup weekend, we will hold your selection until you are able to be here.)
The deadline date for requesting substitutions, etc. is: Sunday August 15.
All of the wines in our August selection are brand new ones from our March 2021 bottling. Here are some details:
2019 Norton. Norton is a mostly American grape that makes a dense, inky, reddish-purple wine with a uniquely spicy aroma and taste. We encountered this wine for the first time three years ago and instantly wanted to try making some Norton of our own. We made this version from grapes grown in northern Virginia. Aged in French oak for 18 months. Bottled March 2021. ABV 13.4%.
2020 Rosé of Syrah. Made from a saignée of Syrah grapes from Washington state, this rosé won a gold medal in the 2021 Maryland Comptrollers Cup competition. With hints of ripe strawberry on the nose and tart cherry on the palate, it’s the ideal companion for a hot summer’s day! Fermented and aged in stainless steel for 6 months. Bottled March 2021. ABV 13.7%.
2020 Vidal Blanc. We make a dry Vidal every year, but we’re particularly pleased with this one. Its faintly butterscotchy aroma, tastes of apricot and pear, and fresh acidity make it a great pair-up for cheese, seafood, and pasta dishes. Fermented and aged in stainless steel for 6 months. Bottled March 2021. ABV 12.2%.
2020 Muscat Blanc (Dry). Our second try at a Muscat Dry, this version reminds us of ripe red Fuji apples. We like the result and hope you will too. Fermented and aged in stainless steel for 6 months. Bottled March 2021. ABV 13.3%.
After the Links Bridge Wine Club 15% discount and Maryland’s 9% alcohol tax, the price of this selection for club members is $89.87
As always, you may substitute other wines for those in the selection, add extra wines (also at the member discount), or both. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date, Sunday August 15, and let us know what you’d like to do.
On the day after the deadline date, we will charge your credit card on file for the August selection, adjusting for any substitutions you have requested or other instructions we have received from you. (If you are a new member and do not have a card on file, we will send you an invoice which you can pay electronically with a credit card, and we’ll ask that you place the card on file for future distributions.)
3. How to Join the Links Bridge Wine Club
We invite you to join the wine club simply by purchasing our August selection.
To get this started, send us an email before the deadline date (Sunday, August 15) at email@example.com. Use WINE CLUB as the subject line. Please include in your email:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Whether you would like to make any substitutions or additions. (For information about our other wines, look at the “Our Wines” page in our website—just click here.)
On the day following the deadline date, we will send an invoice to your email address that bills you for the August selection, adjusted for any substitutions you requested. This invoice will come to you from Square, the same well-known point-of-sale system that we use for transactions at our tasting room. You will be invited to pay this invoice online with a credit or debit card.
At the same time, Square will also present you with the option to save your card details in order to facilitate subsequent wine club transactions. We will need you to do this in order to make our wine club system work. Please note, however, that your card information will be housed securely with Square rather than at Links Bridge Vineyards.
Once you’ve purchased the August selection and placed your card information on file with Square, you are officially a Links Bridge Wine Club member. (And our communications about subsequent wine club selections will be a lot shorter!)