October 28, 2020 / News
Links Bridge Vineyards Blue Moon Watching Party
The second full moon in October, called a Blue Moon, will rise at 6:29 on Saturday, October 31, just after sunset. We invite you to watch this spectacle with us from 6:00-7:30 that evening.
We will fire up the fire pit and turn on the patio heaters (all two of them). To help you watch the moon, we’ll serve something that might be Smoking Bishop, a mysterious beverage mentioned by Charles Dickens, but in any case will be a delicious hot mulled wine. We’ll pair the wine with moon-worthy cheeses, bread, and chocolate. Bring a blanket or warm jacket and help us drink a toast to the moon! (Costumes not required, but please bring a mask.)
The cost is $25 per person. Our space is limited, especially given the present social distancing rules, so you’ll need a reservation. If you’d like to join us, send us an email to reserve a table, letting us know how many people will be in your party.
Send your reservation email to: email@example.com. If you have questions, give us a call at 301-466-2413 or 301-602-5733.
Hope to see you here!
Joan & Bob
June 29, 2020 / News
Goats Yoga is Here Again!
We are excited to tell you that Goat Yoga is returning to Links Bridge Vineyards on:
Saturday, July 18, 3-5 pm
Saturday, August 29, 10 am-Noon
Saturday, October 3, 3-5 pm
Goat yoga is a special, heartwarming kind of yoga, fun for yogis at every skill level. Cute, engaging, and lovable, these little goats will participate in the class, encouraging you to new physical and mental heights.
Before your one-hour class, savor a glass of sangria. After class, enjoy a glass of wine on our new tasting room patio. Take a stroll along the Monocacy River. Bring a picnic or pre-order one of our charcuterie platters. Buy a bottle of wine and enjoy the rest of your afternoon up on the patio or down by the river.
Relax, exercise, and enjoy!
Register for the class here on the Goat for the Soul website. Sangria, the goat yoga class, and the after-class glass of wine are all included in the $39 ticket price. Children are welcome (for goat yoga, not for wine).
After you register, please call us or send an email to reserve a cheese and charcuterie platter (cost $18, serves two to four) to enjoy with wine after the class (301-466-2413).
June 25, 2020 / News
Links Bridge Wine Club
We have just announced the July Links Bridge Wine Club selection to club members (more details below), and we’re sending this message to our general mailing list just in case some of you might want to join the club.
This post includes a summary of how the club works, a description of the July selection, and instructions on how to join.
We hope to see you soon at Links Bridge Vineyards!
Best wishes, and stay well.
Bob & Joan
Here’s how the club generally works:
- If you join the Links Bridge Wine Club, we will provide you with four selected bottles of wine three times each year. These selections may include current wines that we think are especially good, wines reserved for club members, and/or new wines that have not yet been released.
- About a month in advance of the pickup period for a given selection, we will send you an email that describes the selection, the pickup date or period, and a deadline date for making adjustments to the selection.
- The price of each selection will be our normal retail price for the wine less a 15% discount, plus Maryland alcohol tax. For club members we will extend this discount to any additional wines you order along with the announced selection, and to wines you purchase at other times of the year).
- If you wish to substitute a different wine for one or more of the selected wines, you can let us know by the deadline date. We will make those adjustments, and then on the day after the deadline date we will charge your credit or debit card for the adjusted amount due.
- If you wish to opt out of a selection entirely, no problem—just let us know by the deadline date and we will not charge you for that selection.
- If you have not requested substitutions and have not indicated that you wish to opt out, we will charge your credit or debit card for the current selection on the day after the deadline date.
- We hope you will come by Links Bridge during the pickup period for each selection, as we enjoy your company and will often have members-only events on these dates that feature the selected wines, wines still to come, or both, and keep you informed about what’s going on at Links Bridge Vineyards.
- If you’re unable to be here during the pickup period, we’ll hold the wine for you until you can come by. Or, should you instruct us to do so, we will ship the selection to you at your expense.
- Finally, with each selection, we will also include certificates for two of our normal sit-down wine tastings that you can use yourself or transfer to a friend.
The July Selection
Our July selection, which we call “Four Wonderful Whites Plus a Bonus,” will include one bottle each of 2019 Vichard, 2019 Muscat Blanc “Dry,” 2019 Muscat Blanc “Slightly Sweet,” and 2019 Chardonnay. (Plus a Bonus—more on that below.)
The pickup weekend for this selection is July 18-19 (11am-6pm). Come on by, taste some wine, and chat with us for a while!
The deadline date for requesting substitutions, etc. is Saturday July 11.
Here is some information about the four wonderful whites. One is on our current tasting menu, but we have not yet formally released the other three.
2019 Vichard. This very slightly off-dry wine is a blend of 82% Vidal Blanc and 18% Chardonnay. Some of you may remember our very popular 2016 Vichard, which was a bit less “Vi” and a bit more “Chard.” We liked that wine very much, but this one is better! Its combination of fresh acidity, fruity flavor, and a tad of residual sugar makes it perfect for summer garden drinking and a great complement for spicy dishes of all kinds.
2019 Muscat Blanc. In May we planted this varietal (among many others) at our new Chestnut Hill Vineyard. Muscat has been around a long time—it is possibly the earliest grape to appear in the European written record. It is most often made into a sweet wine (think Muscat Canelli , Moscato, Asti Spumante), but we learned from Howard and Susan Wilson at Newmarket Plains that it also makes a delicious dry wine. We hope to be making Muscat Blanc wines from our own grapes in three years or so (we are knocking on wood here), but we decided to experiment in the meantime with juice from Washington State. Our experiment has produced a dry version and a slightly sweet version for you to try, and we hope you will enjoy comparing them.
Chardonnay 2019. This is a classic Links Bridge unoaked Chardonnay, and we think it might be our best to date. We harvested the fruit a little earlier than normal to preserve acid, then fermented the juice and aged the new wine for seven months in stainless steel at the lowest temperatures we could manage. The resulting wine is crisp, steely, and refreshing.
The Bonus, which we are adding at no charge, is a bottle of Four Trees Apple Wine, so called because it combines Honey Crisp, Enterprise, Goldrush, and Fuji apples. We hope you’ll like it, but we’d also like to hear your opinion of it, as this is totally new territory for us.
After the Links Bridge Wine Club 15% discount and Maryland’s 9% alcohol tax, the price of this selection for club members is $89.87.
As always, you may substitute other wines for those in the selection, add extra wines (also at the member discount), or both. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date, Saturday July 11, and let us know what you would like to do.
How to Join the Links Bridge Wine Club
We invite you to join the wine club simply by purchasing our July selection.
To get this started, send us an email before the deadline date (Saturday, July 11) at email@example.com. Use WINE CLUB as the subject line. Please include in your email:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Whether you would like to make any substitutions. (For information about our other wines, look at the “Our Wines” page in our website—just click here.)
On the day following the deadline date, we will send an invoice to your email address that bills you for the July selection, adjusted for any substitutions you requested. This invoice will come to you from Square, the same well-known point-of-sale system that we use for transactions at our tasting room. You will be invited to pay this invoice online with a credit or debit card.
At the same time, Square will also present you with the option to save your card details in order to facilitate subsequent wine club transactions. We will need you to do this in order to make our wine club system work. Please note, however, that your card information will be housed securely with Square rather than at Links Bridge Vineyards.
Once you’ve purchased the July selection and placed your card information on file with Square, you are officially a Links Bridge Wine Club member. (And our communications about subsequent wine club selections will be a lot shorter!)